Saturday, January 1, 2011

1/1/11

Happy New Year!

I rang in the new year quietly last night, with my mom and the cats and some champagne. Slept in this morning, and then spent a leisurely morning reading on the couch.

Then I went to the gym an ran 3.1 miles to start the new year off right. After lunch, I did a 45 minute kettlebell workout (with 15 and 20 pound kettlebells) and then took a long bubble bath.

After dinner I tackled the dismantling of the Christmas tree, and now I plan to spend some time with the new issue of Cooking Light. All in all, a quiet, productive, and *simple* New Year's Day.

Tomorrow is my daughter's 9th birthday. As she is with her father this weekend, I will be meeting them out for breakfast to celebrate the big day. Then it is running and kettlebells, laundry and cleaning, grocery shopping and weekly prep for back to school and full week of work.

It may not be exciting, but this first weekend of the year is just my speed. With no drama to boot. Welcome 2011!

6 comments:

Carly said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend to me.

Melissa said...

Happy New Year, Nicole!!

Donna said...

Sounds perfect to me too! Happy 2011 in which I hope to make some more good memories with you.

Delane said...

I didn't get out of my pj's yesterday. First time in 2 years. So I'd consider your day very productive.

Happy New Year!

Elizabeth-Flourish in Progress said...

Happy New Year!

Wow, you were more productive on New Year's day than I was in all of 2010. Sheer awesomeness.

Al's CL Reviews said...

Happy New Year!