Saturday, January 29, 2011

Weekly Weigh In

I am now just over a week away from surgery, and I am getting very stressed about it. The big concerns that are running through my mind are:

1) How I will care for my child, my animals, and myself during recovery
2) Missing work for three weeks (Will they still need me?)
3) Being totally out of commission with working out for at least 8 weeks

It is amazing that the exercise thing made the top three, but it truly is higher than things like my concerns about physical pain, hospitalization, and huge new scars. Exercise has been a big piece of my puzzle in losing all of this weight, and it scares me to be away from it and lose all of my gains.

I have been working with my new trainer for two weeks now, and I have actually seen changes in some of my muscles. I will be going back after I am able to work out again. I really think that strength training is what I need to help me achieve the rest of my body reshaping goals (short of plastic surgery, which will follow at some point). I love the cardio and will keep it up, but the strength addition twice a week will stay.

Now, onto my weigh in. I am happy to say that I was 165.8 yesterday morning, just 10.8 pounds away from my current personal goal. At almost 5' 11", my BMI is now 23.8.

All in all, a good few weeks!

4 comments:

Delane said...

Good luck

Mel said...

Great job on your weigh, Nicole! Believe me, I know it's easier said that done, but try not to stress out about things. I'm sure it will all work out just fine!

Al's CL Reviews said...

Congrats on the weight!
Good luck on the surgery!

Theresa said...

I am totally jealous of your BMI!!! Mine still hovers right on the normal & overweight line!!!
Just remember you can get through this and you will get right back into your workout groove! I just went through the same thing with being not able to workout for 6-7 weeks. It was hard to get back to the routine of it and I am still working on my endurance but I am happy to be "doing" again!! xoxo