Monday, February 7, 2011

See You On The Other Side Of This

It is time. I am leaving for the hospital tomorrow at 6:30 a.m. And I am ready for this to be over so that I can get healed and get back in the game. Time to kick it into high gear and hit my goal. Time to be the best that I can be, and give the best that I can give.

Thanks to all of my friends who reached out to me these last few days when I have been having a mini-midlife crisis around this whole thing. So many feelings converged... flashbacks to surgeries past when I was so sick, feeling like I was all alone and regretting the relationship choices that I have made in my life, the fear that I will not be able to manage my life these next 6 to 8 weeks while limited in my abilities... so many things.

But this too shall pass. My mom has stepped up to help me. Emotional support has come from both the most likely and the most unlikely places. And I feel like I just want to finish this and move on with living my life. I hope it unfolds brilliantly.

See you next week!

6 comments:

Donna said...

You have all sorts of prayers and good thoughts reaching out to you through this! I hope you can feel how loved and appreciated you are. Can't wait to hear how you did! Today is the first day of the rest of your life!

adauntingtaleofscalewarfare.com said...

You've been doing so well (Yes, I've been keeping up, but I havent been able to comment in forever since my work laptop blocked the word verification word! Guess who got a new work laptop? ME.)

My thoughts are with you and Little Leah today! Cant wait to hear how everything went!

The Lazy Triathlete said...

Good luck. You will be in my prayers.

Mel said...

Thinking about you! Hope everything goes OK. {{{hugs}}}

xoxo

Michele said...

I am thinking of you and wanted you to know what an incredibly strong, self-determined woman I believe you are! You are an inspiration and friend to so many, including me! Hugs and healing thoughts my dear friend. I can't wait to see you this summer at the Luau! XOXO

Al's CL Reviews said...

I hope everything went ok!