Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Suckfest 2011

The last 24 hours have been a total suckfest. I want a fucking do-over (please excuse the profanity if you are sensitive).

Today was the day that I was going to return to the office. I had initially planned to work from home this week, but my job is such that I really need to be there to be effective. Although I am only two weeks out from surgery, I thought I could handle it if I drove myself in instead of taking public transportation so that I could leave early if necessary.

So it is Monday night, the night before my big return to work, and of course this is the night that my work "friend" decides that "we should talk". So excellent to break things off (again) right before I return to the office to go back to work with him. Begin SUCKFEST.

Tuesday morning comes. Have had a crappy night of sleep, am up before my 5:30 a.m. alarm, and end up tired and ready for a nap after showering, getting dressed, getting the child dressed, feeding the both of us, and getting her to my mom's since school is closed. And it is only 7:00 a.m.

Onward to work. Driving on the (insanely packed) expressway into the city. Listening to the Black Eyed Peas way too loudly to drown out the unhappy voices in my brain from the discussion the night before. DING DING DING DING!!! What's that? My van is... OVERHEATING??? How is this possible when the heat isn't even working???

It *is* indeed possible. What to do? Pull off of the expressway at the next exit, find a safe place to park, and call AAA for a tow. And it is all of 7:30 a.m.

Tow truck arrives at 9:00 a.m. I am frozen from sitting in a cold car for an hour and a half. And, just two weeks out of major surgery, I hurt my abdomen pulling myself up to sit in the tow truck. Fucking awesome.

Onward to the service station. We drop off the van, and my brother is on his way to pick me up and take me home. 10:00 a.m. I arrive at home, go to the couch, and fall asleep for the next two hours. My favorite form of avoidance when I do not want to binge eat or cry my flipping eyes out.

Ring, ring... it's the service station! Van is royally fucked up. When all is said and done, the cost is $1030. Nice, especially after having to replace the fuel pump last month to the tune of $670. SUCKFEST CONTINUES.

(excuse me for a moment... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH... primal scream therapy minute)

Some days just suck. This was one of them.

7 comments:

adauntingtaleofscalewarfare.com said...

I'd love to say something happy and motivational, but yeah, there's just nothing to be said. Your day sucked lady. I'm sorry :( Youre probably on pain meds so you cant have a glass (and by glass I mean a bottle) of wine either. My fingers are crossed for you that tomorrow you wake up and its a way better day :)

Kris said...

:( I'm sorry you had such a terrible, horrible, rotten, no good, very bad day. I hope tomorrow treats you more kindly.

And get a 2nd opinion on the van if you can. Just in case.

Theresa said...

Love and hugs!!! Xoxoxo I hope there's drugs! Hahaha my lame rhyme had to make you smile!!!

Mel said...

Oh honey! Life really put you through the wringer yesterday, didn't it. {{{hugs}}} Hope you're having a better day today!!

Delane said...

sorry your day was so bad. I hope thing improve

Al's CL Reviews said...

I hope the rest of the week got better.

Natasha said...

What a horrible day!!! Hope the rest of your week is more peaceful!