Monday, March 7, 2011

Adventures in Dating - Part 1

I spoke with a man on the phone twice today after exchanging some emails on the dating site that I joined last Thursday. He asked me to go out tonight, but I have my daughter so that is a no go. He is going out of town until Sunday afternoon, but asked me out for Sunday night. Hopefully Date #1!

I think he is a bit of a player, but that's okay because 1) I do not plan on giving it up that easily and 2) I am not looking for an insta-relationship. I want to find a few guys to have some fun evenings out with until I find that one that makes me forsake all others. And that may take awhile, because the man who is with me is going to have to be focused on anything BUT my body since it is all messed up.

That's the scariest part. There are a few men that I am communicating with, but I feel like a fraud. Like I present a good picture at first glance... a nice face, a body that looks okay with clothes on... but once the onion is peeled, YIKES. I have to figure out how I want to handle that, but for right now I just want to go out and enjoy a few dates. And hopefully I will.

On another note, I finally broke down and bought some new clothes since mine are so baggy right now. I still want to lose about 13 pounds so I do not want to go crazy with the wardrobe spending, but I especially needed some new jeans. I bought some Levis in a size 8 long, and then some Old Navy jeans in a size 8 long. So I guess I really am in a size 8 long at this point. I am also most certainly in a size Medium top, and even picked up a size Small dress from Old Navy, although I would have preferred a Medium because it was a bit shorter than I usually wear.

So there you have it. Talked to one man on the phone and made a date, got a second email from another one (who is young compared to me, but has a face and joking demeanor that makes me want to go have a beer with him). I'm calling this a good start!

5 comments:

Delane said...

we are our own worst critics.

Al's CL Reviews said...

Go have a beer in you size 8s, girl!

Have fun!

adauntingtaleofscalewarfare.com said...

Size 8's and dating?? Youre doing awesome! I like the idea of multiple guys to date. One will eventually stick out and that one will be so happy that youre letting him peel the onion that he wont think twice about anything else!

Michele said...

You go girl!! You are a beautiful, strong, independent woman and a great man will be blessed to have you in his life!! He's out there...so have fun!
Can't wait for part II!! :)

The Lazy Triathlete said...

I actually met my wife on one of them. Don't get wrapped up in it. Just use them to expand your dating pool.