Sunday, March 13, 2011

Beer

I drank too much beer this weekend. Fat Tire, 312, Blue Moon, Green Beer... TOO MUCH BEER. I feel bloated, and will be skipping the alcohol for awhile.

The good news is that I had a lot of fun this weekend. Never actually got drunk (which is a good thing), but was out for hours and hours and hours each night/day. And came home with a smile each time.

Friday I met a new friend out in the city for some after work fun. Six hours and two locations later I made my way home on the last train. An excellent start to the weekend. :)

Saturday I went to a memorial service for a neighbor that passed away. When I arrived there, I got a text inviting me out for some afternoon festivities with a friend that I was supposed to meet for dinner that evening. I was in the mood for some impromptu fun, so I headed down to start the St. Patty's Day festivities early. I met some fun women, had a great lunch, drank some green beer... and met a nice guy. My friend saw an old co-worker of hers check in on Facebook and mention that he was headed to the place where we were at, and she had a light bulb moment in thinking that we might like each other. Which we did.

We actually spent the rest of the evening with him and his friends, and we had a great time. He asked me out for a date today, and ended the evening with some kisses as I left. Excellent.

We met in the city today and spent six hours exploring and having lunch and enjoying some adult beverages at the train station while we waited for my train to come. We will see if it goes anywhere, but it felt great to be on a real date. And I enjoy his company.

The flip side of that is that I *did not* go out on the date as planned with the online person that I mentioned in my last post, and that is a decidedly GOOD thing. He called and texted me almost every day this week, and it all just became unpleasant because there was such a strong sexual overtone to everything. Yuck. I mean get to know me first before you try to get me to send you dirty texts (seriously????). At least meet me in person first... blech.

So the weekend turned out differently that I expected, but for the better in my opinion. Here's to my first real date (where I can call it a date and not "whatever we are doing" as it was with my co-worker). Life is moving on, and hopefully in an excellent direction.

3 comments:

Kris said...

Yay for your friend following through on a hunch. I hope you have more nice dates with him.

As for the other guy, ugh. Back when I did the online thing, I was too chicken to give out my phone # before meeting a guy because I was afraid of something like that. I used a secondary email address that I was OK with deleting, just in case I ran into any creeps. Hopefully you are able to shake this guy.

Mel said...

Sounds like a GREAT weekend! So glad to hear you had a great time on your date. As Kris said, hopefully you'll be able to shake the online guy. He sounds pretty creepy!

Delane said...

Woot for a fun weekend.