Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Stick A Fork In Me

Because I am done. Done with this whole dating thing for awhile, unless something truly earth-shaking literally comes and shakes the ground beneath my feet. I swear that almost every guy that I have met wants to dirty text with me and, um, no... what ever happened to subtlety?!?

I am also done with surgical complications. After my last post, I ended up back at the surgeon's office with yet ANOTHER infection just one week later. And cut open AGAIN. I am hoping that I am finally on the mend. Our hypothesis is that I am reacting to the internal sutures that were used in me. It has been very discouraging.

That being said, I started working out again last night. I went to the trainer, and I am easing back in. I plan to fit in a couple of runs this weekend (although I wish I could be at a gathering of my friends near Louisville as I had planned before all of my sick and vacation days went down the toilet with complications and re-hospitalizations). I am really looking forward to nicer weather so that I can get back outside for more runs as that is what I miss most.

Weight-wise... I have no idea. I am staying off of the scale for awhile because I was driving myself crazy with it all. I know that I have been eating my feelings these last few weeks (can you say "Easter candy"?), but I am focusing on controlling THAT and not on the number on the scale. My clothes fit me, I feel okay, I am starting to work out again, and my eating has been healthy since Easter so I am calling it a success for now. I know that I still want to lose about 10 pounds of fat, but it is going to be the slow and steady way and not the obsessive way. So no scale until I feel more stable about minor fluctuations.

The good news is that I went clothes shopping for summer items last weekend and it was a big win. I spent FAR too much, but it was one of those shopping trips where I felt like almost everything fit. I brought 9 pairs of size 8 capris into the dressing room with me as I gave myself the pep talk that I couldn't get discouraged when they all did not fit because every brand has different sizing... and then they all fit. And so did the shirts. And the skirt. And the shorts. And the summer sweaters, the Born shoes, the purse, the cotton pants, the tank tops and camisoles and underwear (okay, I did not try THAT on there but they do fit). And now my bank account hurts.

No comments: