Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Knock on Wood

Things have been good these past two weeks. Like "knock on wood" good in a way that makes this (usually non-superstitious) woman want to avoid jinxing it.

My third online date was a success. I like him. He seems like a good man, and we have a lot in common. Thursday night will be our third date, and he has already asked me to go to a concert with him in July! I have a really great time with him, and I am looking forward to seeing him again. So far, so good... and we are taking it slowly. Time will tell.

This has made things at the office a bit easier, although not easy. But I have felt happy more than sad, and that in and of itself is a HUGE blessing

I also had a fantastic visit with a friend last weekend, and it felt like a vacation. I felt like a tourist in my own city, in the best way possible. His visit raised my spirits and renewed my sense of fun. It helped me find parts of myself that have been missing since last September, and showed me just how important a visit with a friend can be.

I have been in maintenance mode in terms of weight loss for awhile now. I have not stepped on the scale in weeks, but am going by the fit of my clothes now. And honestly, I am spot on with my eating and drinking on the days that I do not go out... but the progress is undone on the days that I do go out. So it is a break even thing for now, and I am kind of okay with that... but not for long.

I am going with"Life is Good" right now. That makes me happy.

1 comment:

Mel said...

So glad to hear things are going well on the dating front. It really is true how much a visit from a friend can perk us up. I'm glad you guys had a good time. :)