Tuesday, March 20, 2012

It's All Coming Back to Me

I completed the C25K Week 5 Day 1workout today, and all is going well.

But somehow the math doesn't work. Didn't I finish Week 1 Day 1 just three weeks ago? Hmm....

Yes, after the first few workouts it was decidedly too easy, so I skipped a couple of weeks. I am still taking it easy, with my running sections in the mid to high 11 minute mile territory, but I feel ready to tackle the 20 minute run scheduled for Week 5 Day 3 this weekend. After that, I may just continue the 20 minute runs for a couple of weeks, then move to 25 minutes and then to 30 minutes when ready. That will be my weekday sweet spot for runs during the week until I sign up for an event and need to up my training.

Before my run tonight, I signed up for a consultation with a personal trainer who handles clients with medical limitations. I want to start strength training again, and the surgeon cleared me for it, but I also have to be very careful to start with low weights and to avoid moves that could cause another abdominal hernia, so I am going to get some help to create a workout plan that takes that into consideration.

All in all, things are good on the health and fitness front. No further complications from surgery. Eating very healthy 90% of the time (a girl has to live, LOL). Working out at least 3 times a week. My clothes are looking and fitting me better, and my energy is back. And the gorgeous weather here in Chicagoland has made me feel like getting outside again after a long hibernation.

No comments: