Monday, May 7, 2012

First Round

My boyfriend had his first round of chemo today.  We also received more specific information about the cancer; it is Stage 3, but his bone marrow is okay

The whole process was long, but he tolerated it well and is resting comfortably now.  He will have chemo every 2 weeks until he has completed twelve treatments, and will have a CT scan in the middle of his treatment to ensure that the cancer is responding to the medications as the doctors expect.

It is amazing how everything else takes a back seat when something like this comes along.  I am tracking my food again to keep my weight down as much as possible so that I do not dig my *own* grave with my fork during this whole process.  It's ironic how I am counting his daily calories to make sure they are adequate while counting my own to ensure that they are not too adequate.  I feel like I have a split personality.

No comments: