Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Saving All My Points for Wine

Okay, maybe not ALL of them, but I am keeping a bunch back each day for a big ol' glass of the red stuff each evening!  That case of Apothic Red is going quickly!

I jumped on the scale this morning after two days of being spot on with my points, and I was already down 5.2 pounds.  So, although the number that I saw Monday obviously included a lot of bloat from the holiday weekend, things are moving in the right direction.  I am going to stay off the scale until next Monday since I now have the numerical reassurance that I am on the way back down, but I must say that I am glad that the scary number I saw on Monday gave me the kick in the bottom that I needed to refocus.

This week I am focusing on getting my eating back in line, and I will most likely continue to focus on that as a goal next week, too.  Then I am going to add exercise back in as a second goal.  I am not going to be making it to the gym for awhile, so I have to get a new cable box for the TV in my exercise room because it kicked the bucket and I see the treadmill in my future for the next few months.

Things are very stressful at home.  Things are very stressful at work.  Life in general is very stressful right now, to a degree that I have not experienced in many many years.  But I have to make sure that I do not make it worse by screwing up the things that I actually have control over like my eating.  That's all me.

1 comment:

spunkysuzi said...

I have to admit I love a glass of wine a few times a week and I do count it!
Hasn't slowed down my losing yet :)