Friday, December 28, 2012

Wrapping Up 2012

I am glad to see this year come to a close in the hopes that 2013 will be a better one!

I leave 2012 heavier than I have been since 2010 (maybe even 2009), with no runs since July and little intentional exercise beyond that. It won't be hard to do better in that area of my life!

The BF and I are giving it another try. He was out of the house for about 48 hours, and then came back until his planned move on 1/6/13. He has to get his dog back from his best friend who has been caring for him since May when the BF moved in to my house, complete with 5 cats and a No Dogs association rule.

2012 has been very challenging. I have not gotten through unscathed. I have to once again lose the weight that I worked so hard to lose before, and I have to rebuild my fitness level as I did when I started this blog. Both are totally achievable, but I feel exhausted and find it hard to start again.

I have also deleted my Facebook account. I decided to unplug from it for 2013 and use the time that I spent on it to focus on my own life. It has been a change, that's for sure, but now my focus is on those who are actually present in my life and not just on my News Feed.

Today is my last working day of 2012, and then I am off for five days to celebrate both the new year and also my DD's 11th birthday. When I return to my routine in 2013, I will do so with renewed focus to make 2013 count in moving closer to my goals.

Have a Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Delane said...

miss you on FB. Hope you are well. drop me an email when you get a chance.

TheDailyMel said...

{{{hugs}}} Well, that explains why I haven't seen you on Facebook lately. Sorry that 2012 was kind of rough for you. I hope 2013 brings you all the joy and happiness you so richly deserve. xoxo