Saturday, March 16, 2013

Keeping Busy

Today was a busy day. It started with an early morning trip to the vet with my oldest kitty (he's 12 1/2). He has lost over 5 pounds recently and is vomiting water up every time he drinks. They did bloodwork, and gave him IV fluids and electrolytes and a shot of anti- nausea medication. They also heard a very strong heart murmur. The results of the bloodwork will be back on Monday, but the vet thinks it is either renal failure or hyperthyroid. It's so hard to see my old guy declining in health. :(

After that, I had lunch with a friend. We planned to have sushi, but it turns out that the sushi restaurant is not open for lunch on the weekends. What what what WHAT??? We went across the plaza to another restaurant and had a wonderful lunch. We made plans to bike and walk together when the weather gets nicer, and will also take advantage of summer activities in the city this year. I am really looking forward to that because I have been such a homebody for the last couple of years and it will be nice to have a friend to go to these events with me.

After that was a trip to Costco and then to Target. Found some awesome Champion capris at Costco. I will be going back for more! Then we came home to clean up before DD's sleepover tonight.

Once her friend arrived, I hopped on the treadmill for my run. I was supposed to do W1D3 of the Couch to 5K program, but accidentally selected W2D2 in the app! I kept thinking that the run segments felt longer than a minute... and they were! The good news is that I did it with no problem, so I am going to take it from there.

The girls had pizza for dinner and, although I really wanted pizza, I made myself a stir fry instead. Then I set the girls up with a game on the Wii and went upstairs to do my daily mediation. It was a powerful one, focusing on the centering thought of "I am perfect. I am healthy. I am strong." There was discussion about loving our bodies as they are now, and that is an area that I struggle with daily. I plan to repeat this one several times over the course of the 21 day challenge to reinforce the message to myself.

My mom is coming over tonight to watch Life of Pi and enjoy some wine. We watched Argo last night, and we both really enjoyed it. I have seen more of my mother in the three weeks since the breakup with my ex BF than I have this last year because she hated him and he couldn't stand her, either. It is good that I no longer have to choose between them; I just wish the reason were different.

I had a nice moment today before I changed into my workout clothes. I looked at myself in the bathroom mirror as I was putting my hair up and thought "I look pretty". So much different than my usually critical view of all the things that could be better. It was a nice surprise.

Another day of taking steps in a healthy direction. I'll take it!

No comments: