Sunday, March 24, 2013

Lazy Sunday Afternoon

I'm sitting on the couch with the cats, watching crappy TV while my clothes are in the washer. And, as much as I hate to admit it, I have a big old cold brewing in me. :(

This weekend was wonderful. Starting with my Thursday night hair appointment (which is always fun because I love the ladies who work at the salon), I have had a very social weekend and am feeling like my old self again.

Friday I met a girlfriend out in the city for dinner and drinks. We were out very late, and I ended up talking with a nice man at the bar for a couple of hours. It was good to be out again after all of the drama of this past year, and it made me happy that I could talk to guys again without feeling uncomfortable and awkward.

Saturday I planned to test drive some cars with my mom and, very surprisingly and wonderfully, my brother decided to join us. We test drove the Hyundai Tucson (which was my first choice), the Honda CRV, and the Mazda CX 5. I felt really comfortable in the Tucson, was underwhelmed by the CRV, and fell madly in love with the CX 5!!! I could not have been more surprised!

Since this was just a browsing trip, I did not even bring my van to discuss trade in value (which would be veritably nothing based in its condition LOL). No one could be more surprised than I that I BOUGHT A NEW CAR ON SATURDAY AFTERNOON!!!

Yep, I finally did it. I bought a 2014 Mazda CX 5! I will be picking it up by Tuesday night! OMG!

So, I was on cloud nine after that and then headed out to a reunion dinner with colleagues from a previous company. And I had a blast! I was out until almost 2:00 am!!! I did not expect to have as much fun as I did, and I spoke with someone who I would actually like to hang out with again because I really enjoyed his company. We'll see if he asks because who knows how he feels about it but, if he does, it would be nice.

Today brought a trip to the gym to run on the track, a trip to Starbucks and then Costco with my mom, and now laundry and rest. I am hoping to ward off this cold, but it is not looking good right now. If I feel worse tonight, I am going to stay home sick tomorrow to try to head it off from getting deep into my lungs.

I am a few days behind on my meditations but will catch up this week. My eating was good this week, but I had a bit too much wine this weekend. Exercise was good, with lots of walking both Friday and Saturday.

All in all, the weekend was fantastic and I feel happy. And that is a great feeling. :)


1 comment:

Nick said...

This post made me smile broadly, even though you didn't consider a GM product ;-)