Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Starting Fresh

I'm not starting over. I prefer to see it as a fresh start.

I'm back from Mexico. I had enough food and alcohol to satisfy my appetites for awhile. I'm still grieving my loss and licking my wounds, but now I am moving forward while I do it.

I just finished Week 1 Day 1 of the Couch to 5K Program.

Big deal for the woman who completed a half marathon and many many 5, 8, and 10K races, right?

Right. It IS a big deal. Because it is the first time I have even attempted to exercise since last July. And I did 30 minutes with no problem at all. And I feel pretty damn good about it. And it is the first time that I have felt pretty damn good about myself for a long time.

It certainly is a big deal.

Now, for my Food Log.

Breakfast: 1 cup nonfat Greek yogurt with 1 cup of mixed berries and 5 crushed almonds.

Lunch: Shredded chicken and refried beans over shredded lettuce and chopped tomatoes with salsa and guacamole.

Dinner: Mixed greens with grilled chicken strips, 2T balsamic vinegar, and 1T olive oil.

Treat: Red wine (now limited to nights that I run or weekend nights... gotta have some extra motivation sometimes!)

That's one down for the day: PHYSICAL.

Now for the EMOTIONAL. It was a rough day. I even cried at work. Twice. Once when my boss asked me if I was okay, and once when my coworker (who knows the story) asked me how I was doing. My boss told me to buy a new car to make myself feel better (oh to be an Executive VP like him). My coworker told me not to fall victim to forgetting the bad and only remembering the good, which is EXACTLY what I was doing today.

So I pulled myself up by the bootstraps and got on the treadmill for 30 minutes. And now I feel better emotionally, too.

Spiritually, I logged on for the Oprah & Deepak 21 Day Meditation Challenge, and am starting tonight!

I think it was a good day. Progress.

No comments: