Saturday, March 16, 2013

Weekend Warrior

Yesterday went well, with the exception of a bit too much wine while watching Argo. Oh well, it happens!

I made the right choice at dinner and ordered a Greek salad with grilled chicken instead of the fish and chips special that I wanted to get. I also got in a 30 minute walk on the dreadmill (incline included) so as to "earn" my wine for the evening. Did my meditation on the way to work as usual (I am really enjoying that new habit!), and spent some quality time with my mom at dinner and a movie.

I had a rough evening emotionally, though. Maybe it is because yesterday marked three weeks since I left my previous relationship. Or maybe it was just one of those waves of sadness and grief that still wash over me at random times. Either way, they come as they come and I am not trying to fight them or pretend they are not there. I am feeling my feelings, and not trying to stuff them down with food.

Today is packed. I have already returned from the vet with one of my cats. They think he may be having renal failure or hyperthyroid issues (they heard a huge heart murmur on top of all the other symptoms). We will know more when the bloodwork comes back on Monday.

I am having lunch with a friend at Noon, then picking up my daughter from her father's house and going to Costco with her and my mom. Then she has a girlfriend coming over for a sleepover at 4:30pm! I have to fit W1D3 of the Couch to 5K program in there somewhere, but I am not worried about that.

Tomorrow is laundry and grocery shopping. I also plan to go to the gym and use the elliptical machine for awhile. I have not been to the gym since July. It will end a milestone week of starting to run again, being mindful of my eating, daily meditation, and a general return to daily life as a single woman.

I can do this.

No comments: