Sunday, March 17, 2013

Wrapping Up the Weekend

So sorry to see Sunday come to a close... I'm not ready for work again! Actually, tomorrow I work from Noon until 9:00pm for a monthly meeting with overseas vendors, so at least I do not have to wake up at 5:30am! I still have to get up early to get the child to school, but that's as expected.

I went to the gym and worked on the elliptical for 30 minutes. First time I have been to the gym since last July. And I got in a good, sweaty workout!

The rest of the day has been pretty lazy except for doing our laundry. The bad news about that is that I washed more than I expected to do. Meaning: I washed my Fitbit! First time ever, but so far it looks like it survived. Thank goodness because I love the thing!!!

Eating has been good today, and I still have calories for a glass of wine. I did make a dumb move by buying a large jar of Nonni's salted caramel mini biscotti from Costco, though. THEY ARE TOO GOOD. And you cannot eat just one. They may have to make their way into work to share with my coworkers.

I did my meditation this morning, but really wasn't focused. The first time that it has been such a struggle for me. I have been churning the breakup over and over in my mind all day, and I think that funk affected my focus.

This was a rough weekend for me. If I were a different type of person (read: not so damn stubborn), I would have called him in a moment of weakness today. I am glad I didn't, though, because I left that relationship for more than one reason, and we will never be happy together because we do not have compatible lives. That is not going to change. I just have to work through the emotions and let this go.

Off to enjoy movie night and an early bedtime with my daughter. Here's to another successful day of reaching my goals!

2 comments:

TheDailyMel said...

I'm so happy to see you bloggin again. I've missed your posts!

Delane said...

WTG!!! I have the concentration of gant. So hard, so hard to meditate. But i keep trying.