Sunday, May 19, 2013

A Day at the Races

I went on a date today. I asked him to plan it, and he chose the the horse racing track near our homes. He cooked and brought our picnic lunch, and we spent five hours in the sun enjoying the food and the weather and the drinks and the conversation.

I enjoyed myself. :)

He texted me afterwards. He is interested in seeing me again, and I would enjoy that. Although I am not ready for a relationship, I do like having someone treat me like a lady and call me arm candy LOL.

Moving on. I don't know how to do it but, just by going out and enjoying my life, I *am* doing it. No more sitting around the house feeling sad and wistful. I may feel those feelings, but I will be out and about as much as I can so that life does not pass me by while I am letting go. I have been blessed once again to discover new friends who want to engage in fun activities, like the lunch and craft fair and winery tour & tasting that we did yesterday. I am going to take advantage of my opportunities to enjoy and explore even while I struggle with my emotions. I find that I do not focus on them when I am focusing on the happenings around me. I feel happiness and connection instead.

On the weight loss front, I lost 0.8 pounds this week. I consider that a win. I have to lose 0.4 pounds by Wednesday to win the Dietbet challenge I have entered. That is going to be a big challenge, but I will give it my best. Wish me luck!

Overall, I am down 15 pounds since January 15th, and I plan to continue the downward trend.


No comments: