Wednesday, May 22, 2013

My First Dietbet Finale

Today was the day. Time to weigh in to see how I did on my first Dietbet. I knew it was a lofty goal when I started, to lose 4% of my body weight in 4 weeks... especially with Mother's Day and multiple lunches and dinners out with friends and a winery tasting and and and and. But I did my best.

Last Friday I was 0.4 pounds away from my goal. But then I ate and drank with abandon on my date on Sunday. And I had sushi with full sodium soy sauce (twice) yesterday. And then there was the wine. I felt bloated and swollen and downright nasty as I approached my mid-cycle AF day today.

I jumped on the scale this morning anyway and, much to my great surprise and delight, I won my Dietbet! I actually beat my goal by 2 pounds!!! I sent in my final photos and they were accepted this morning, so I am officially a challenge winner. Yay! I should find out later this week how much I will get, but that is not the real win. The real win is that I did not stop my life to do this. I have been out and about and have made as sane as possible choices. And I did it.

That being said, it did make me feel a little bit too scale focused which can be a slippery slope for me, so I am going to take the summer off from signing up for another one. I may do one in the Fall after a summer of living and feeling good regardless of which number the scale reports to me.

But a win is a win, and I am going to claim this one. :)

2 comments:

TheDailyMel said...

WTG!! Enjoy your portion of my money. ;)

Al's CL Reviews said...

I know I'm a bit late on commenting (a few months!) but congratulations!