Friday, July 19, 2013

Opening Up Again

Although I am a Director now and in charge of three very different functional areas at work, I am still a Project Manager at heart. This is especially obvious as I navigate my return to the dating world.

I am feeling the tugs of the heart again. I would like to meet a man with whom to share my life and build a present and future together.  Hope has crept back in despite my heartbreak and disappointment in the past.

This has brought out the Project Manager in me in full force, so I set a date to start dating again: August 26.

Why August 26? Several reasons:

1) My daughter will be back in school and summer will be over from that perspective. It is one of my goals to spend this summer enjoying my daughter, my mother, my family, and my friends.

2) I will have complete the 21 day meditation program offered by Deepak Chopra and Oprah called "Miraculous Relationships".  https://chopracentermeditation.com/home/?acode=oprah

3) It will be over six months since I left my last relationship, which is the minimum amount of time that I promised myself for healing before dating again.

4) I will be home from a friend's wedding in Michigan, which is the last big weekend that I have planned, so I will have time in my schedule for dating.

5) I am almost ready, but just not quite.  This will give me a little more time to prepare by working with my therapist and working in my life to realign some of the things that are troubling me.

Before that time I have a few goals:

1) Eat clean and moderately on a daily basis.

2) Reestablish an exercise routine.

3) Organize my home

4) Establish better routines.

I hope to be further along by August 26 than I am today! I am going to try eHarmony this time, so wish me luck! 

1 comment:

BZ said...

You are such a wise woman. It's great that you are taking time to grieve and heal. I'm sure you will know when the time is right. Keeping you close to my heart. xoxo