Monday, July 15, 2013

Shaking Things Up

I'm trying some new things to simplify my eating and sneak in some extra exercise.

The first one is my Green Protein Smoothie. 

Didn't think to snap a photo until it was gone!!

2 heaping handfuls of baby spinach
1/2 cup frozen wild blueberries
2 T ground golden flaxseed 
1 T unsweetened shredded coconut
1 1/2 scoops of Optimum Nutrition Vanilla Ice Cream Whey Protein Powder
1 cup of water

Whirred in the Vitamix for 30 seconds until a shocking greenish brownish and VOILA!  It is delicious and keeps me full until lunch, and I have been starting my mornings with it for over a week now.

My second addition is daily hooping.

Right next to the TV so that I can hoop while I watch.

I took a 2 hour hooping class last weekend (Holy Sore Abs, Batman!), and am renewed in my interest! I did 20 minutes yesterday, and 10 minutes this morning thus far. I am aiming for a minimum of 2x10 minute sessions per day.  I just ordered a 5 pound power hoop for some extra challenge; I tried one last weekend and it was an entirely different experience!

The third thing is zucchini "noodles".


Yum! So good, and a nice replacement for pasta to keep veggie intake high and calorie count low.  And I made this huge bowl of them in less than a minute!

I am enjoying the summer, eating well, swimming often (I actually have a little tan... gasp!), and doing the nice little things for myself like burning incense, reading daily meditations, and journaling at night before bed. All is well.


No comments: