Sunday, November 10, 2013

Oral Surgery, 2.2, and 5%

That is a high level description of my weekend! I had oral surgery yesterday (a crown lengthening) to assist with a botched root canal that led to a piece of the file being broken off in the root of my tooth and significant shearing of the tooth. No fun. Stitches in my gums and packing along one side of my jaw. Nothing hot for a week. Soft foods for a week. Ugh.

I spent most of yesterday napping on the couch covered with kitties. 

This morning was Weight Watchers, and I am happy to report that I am down 2.2 pounds this week. I surpassed my 5% milestone and am now fewer than 9 pounds away from my Weight Watchers goal range! Although I plan to set myself firmly in the middle if the range, so my personal goal is less than 25 pounds away. All and all, I am down over 20 pounds from the highest weight I saw on the scale in the last year, so I consider this a success!

Now to keep the momentum going during the holidays. I do have some holiday eating planned, but am going to be very choosy and limit it to only the things that I absolutely love.

I will see my goal weight in 2014. That's a promise that I am making to myself.

2 comments:

Delane said...

Great job. I finally got back on the wagon and I'm down 6 pounds. a long way to go but 6 lbs is 6 lbs and I'm glad to be on the downward cycle. Lets keep it up.

Delane said...

Great job. I finally got back on the wagon and I'm down 6 pounds. a long way to go but 6 lbs is 6 lbs and I'm glad to be on the downward cycle. Lets keep it up.