Sunday, June 15, 2014

Disappearing Act

Life did a 180 for me this year.  New job, new relationship, new challenges.  And a resurfacing of some old challenges in the form of a weight gain.  The good and the disappointing.

I have been at my new job for two months now.  I work for a growing company in the top 15 of the Fortune 500, and save 2 hours a day on my commute.  I am slowly adjusting and trying to learn after being the go-to person at my old job.  It certainly is a transition.

The new relationship is 5 months old, with someone that I worked with 20 years ago.  What's old is new in a brand new way, since he was married with a toddler and I was fresh out of college at that time.

These changes have brought a double whammy shake-up in my life, and I must admit that I turned to my old friend food, partnered with great wine shared with the new man who is also a fan of the grape.  And I am heavier and more out of shape than I can remember being since 2010.  Not a good thing for the psyche.

After buying some new capri pants for summer last weekend, I called bullshit on myself and hopped back on the wagon.  Back to working out (5 days out of the last 7), and back to basics with food using MFP for tracking.  I have not stepped on the scale, but plan to do so on Friday after I have an additional good week under my belt.  I know life at a much lower weight and higher fitness level than I am at now, and frankly I like it much better.  I am going back to that place, but with the new life circumstances that I have that make me happy.

It is frustrating to think that I have to do this again, but I know for sure that I CAN do it because I HAVE done it.  And I want that again so I AM doing it.

And I'll be back here on a regular basis to keep my focus.

1 comment:

Nick said...

Kudos to you for sharing with the interwebs! As we've all learned over the years, this is s truly a life long battle. This is a horse with a major flaw in it's saddle design in that NO ONE can stay on it indefinitely. So good for you, and will be sending good vibes your way!

Nick

P.S. I have taken the Kudos back and replaced it with a cup of grapes. Sorry.