Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Molasses

As in "slow as".  That is what it feels like watching the scale decline.  Granted, I weighed in for the first time in a looooooooooooooooooooong time just last Friday, but it feels like I should have lost at LEAST ten pounds by now!!!

Of course I am joking about that kind of unrealistic expectation, but I am working very hard to build better habits.  I have exercised 12 of the last 17 days for at least 20 minutes, and I have worked out hard as in a big, sweaty mess.  I have also increased all of the weights in my weight training during that period.  I am generally more active, taking the stairs at work and walking to and from the store while DD is at tutoring.

So why am I not at my goal weight yet?!?

It's the old truism, that the weight comes on so quickly yet leaves so slowly.  I think it is even worse now that I am in my mid 40s and staring peri-menopause in the face.  Now I am doing the hard work of just sticking to it, knowing that I am making the changes that will bring me a healthier weight and lifestyle, and having faith that my body will soon start to reflect those changes in a way that is visible to me.

Tick-Tock, let's get this transformation started already!

1 comment:

Al's CL Reviews said...

Completely understand the whole "why am I not at goal" thing!

Stay on course!