Saturday, June 21, 2014

Wahoo!

It's a beautiful Saturday morning. I just returned from the gym where I did 45 minutes of cardio and tested out my new Wahoo TICKR heart rate monitor. So far Iove it! After I put it on, it automatically synced up with my iPhone via Bluetooth, and off I went.

It includes a Burn and Burst feature that tracks the time you spend in the fat burning range (Burn) and also in the short term range best for increasing cardio capacity (Burst). It determined my specific levels based on a quick test of my resting heart rate that I performed the night I received it.

During my 25 minute Arc Trainer workout, I tried to stay in the Burn fat burning range.


It felt much easier pace-wise than I am used to, and I could have sustained the pace for hours.

Then I did a 20 minute workout on the Elliptical (with moving arm handles) at a more typical pace.


It seems that I spend most of my typical workouts somewhere between the Burn and Burst ranges.  Definitely fun to try this feature.

The best part to me was the personalized calorie burn calculation. I never trust the numbers on the machines or even in apps like MFP. The Wahoo app not only tracks my workouts but, with the push of a button, uploads them automatically to MFP for me!  And that is just what I want.


So far, I am thrilled with the a Wahoo TICKR. It appears that they have a TICKR X coming out soon that will include some additional features like tracking while swimming and enchanced running analysis which I love to try, but this is where my money went so you will have to look elsewhere for reviews of that one when it is available.

Off to a BBQ to further this great day!

No comments: