Saturday, August 16, 2014

Consistency

Another successful week on Simply Filling... down an additional 3.6 pounds, for a total of 11.4 pounds since rejoining! And I can feel it in my body. I still want to lose 30 to 40 more pounds and get into the middle of my Weight Watchers weight range, but at least there has been progress and it is making me excited to stay on plan.

One big thing that I have been working on is my 'perfectionism' mindset. I am allowing myself some unplanned deviations, and also saving my weekly allowance for the evenings that I spend with my boyfriend because I know that is when I will indulge in shared meals and wine.

As for exercise, I have been walking for 30 minutes at lunch each day and then eating lunch while I work. The company parking lot is my friend now, and I have a route that I take each day. I play music and think and get some stress out, and I can't wait to get out there each day. When it was raining one day last week, I forged a path in the covered parking area and did my 30 minutes there... I am not interested in making excuses for why I cannot walk.

Simply Filling is the right choice for me now. I am staying away from sweets except for fruit because I know that is a trigger for me, but am eating some reduced fat bread which feels like a treat to me after staying away from it for so long.  My diet is mainly whole, real foods, and I love my fresh fruit snacks each day. A good balance for me.

One of the reasons that I decided to join WW almost two weeks ago was because I started birth control pills for the first time in 25 years (the mini-pill, since I have a genetic disorder that makes me hypercoagulable and thus cannot take anything with estrogen due to clotting issues), and I refused to be one of those people I was reading about who gained ten pounds when they started on the pill. Enough is enough.  The fact that this loss of 11+ pounds coincided with starting that medication makes me extra happy, and also shows me that nothing predestines us to gain weight. After taking upwards of 90mg of Prednisone each day for five years, I know that one can overcome any gain that medicine (and Cushings Disease) might bring.

The challenge for me becomes consistency once the losses slow down . Consistency during the plateaus, and even through weeks where I may gain. One thing that I like about our WW leader, Ann, is that she always asks " Do you feel like you can keep doing this?"when someone has a milestone or good loss.  And that really is the key to long term success.

No comments: