Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Didn't Even Realize It

After my WW Meeting on Saturday, I became a grumpy human being. I was irked because my boyfriend 'disinvited' me to the Arlington Million in favor of his buddy since the only other woman in the group bowed out. I felt alone because my soon-to-be teenager chose to hang out in her room by herself and text with her friends after their afternoon gathering in the park.  I was disappointed because my planned outing to Greektown was cancelled. Everything rubbed me the wrong way, all day long.

I was crabby all the way into the next day, until mid afternoon Sunday.  Mopey and sullen. Short-tempered.  Not a place I like to be.

I didn't realize 'it' until Monday evening, though.  I didn't realize that I never once thought of my usual soothing mechanism.  That I never felt compelled to eat 'bad' food or drink copious amounts of wine.  It just never entered my sphere of possibilities.  I did, however, go for a brief run outside for the first time in, well, I don't even know. 

I didn't realize that I broke out of my stern until my mood had lifted, and then I was even happier to find the mood gone with no setback on my goals.  

Good change.


1 comment:

Al's CL Reviews said...

Sorry for the foul mood, but glad you didn't fall back into your used-to-be-normal crutches.