Thursday, September 25, 2014

Pizza Victories & Running Clubs

Yes, they are totally unrelated but both a part of my week. And I consider both to be victories, actually.

I had a rough weekend for many reasons. It was very emotional, and I found myself without any appetite on Sunday. And also without any motivation to grocery shop. So, when my daughter arrived home from her dad's house on Sunday night, I had nothing to feed her for dinner. Seeing as I was already in my jammies for the night, I decide to order in. Which, in my house at least, means pizza. Good pizza. Giordano's stuffed cheese pizza, to be exact. TRIGGER FOOD.

I was going to go for the all or nothing mentality meal and just shove in as much as I could do that the temptation would be gone the next day and I could 'start fresh', but then I found myself full after two slices. I calculated my points and realized that I could actually have another slice and still be within my points for the day, but I didn't want one more.  What?!?!?!?

The next day, I still had enough pizza to eat for dinner with my child, so I used my points wisely during the day, and had two pieces of stuffed pizza for dinner. All within my target for the day.  And I was happy!  Who knew?

That was a major victory for me... A victory in eating like a 'normal' person and not one in a diet or binge mentality.

Now for the running club. I have a friend who had been encouraging me to join a local running club, which I have been saying I was going to do for almost a year now.  Last week I FINALLY made my way into the store that sponsors it and asked for details, but did not go that week. This week I set myself up to go by asking my daughter to see if she could arrange for some friends to meet her at the library during the time of the run, since the club meets across the street from our public library. And then I forgot about it.

My daughter, however, did not.

Tuesday she told me that she had two friends meeting her at the librRy the next night. And I was trapped into colliding through!!! So I went last night to join the 'beginners' running club since it had been so long since I ran, and ended up joining them on their Week 9 of 9 (graduation) run! We ran 3.04 miles with 2 minutes of running interspersed with 30 seconds of running. We did this for 40 minutes, and I made it! I was exhausted, but I finished!

And I felt great. Onward to next week!

No comments: