Saturday, April 25, 2015

Transitions

This has been a week of transitions for me. I had my last day at my previous job on Thursday, and start my new job on Monday. I also made some changes in my eating on Monday, and have been fueling with healthier foods and tracking my intake on MFP. I can feel the difference in my jeans already, so some of the retained water is coming off.

Lean proteins, low-fat dairy, fruits, and veggies have been the center of my diet. I have also enjoyed wine a couple of times because I am not cutting that out! The BF and I went out with friends on Thursday night which forced me to make some choices about where my calories would be spent, and that went well, too. Tonight is his birthday celebration and I am taking him to a very nice steakhouse for dinner as well as meeting friends for drinks afterward, so I am being careful with breakfast and lunch while making sure that I get some exercise in to allow a bit more indulgence tonight.

My upcoming trip to the U.K. made me realize that I want to get back to a sport place with my body to feel confident and comfortable taking that trip and meeting the team. This will most likely be my only fave to face visit with them this year, so I want to bring my best and so much of that is tied with how I feel about myself.

A good start. Now to continue with consistency, which is where I have stumbled these past few years. I have done it before and will do it again.

No comments: